||Supporting Pages: DE | ES | FR | IT |
Updated: 08 JUN 99
Projects, resources, workshops
Projects under Telematics for Libraries
- BIBLINK - Linking Publishers and National Bibliographic Services
- CANDLE - Controlled Access to Digital Libraries in Europe
- DECOMATE II - Developing the European digital library for economics
- DIEPER - DIgitised European PERiodicals
- ELISE II - Electronic library image service for Europe
- ELVIL - The European Legislative Virtual Library
- EULER - European Libraries and Electronic Resources in Mathematical Sciences
- ILSES - Integrated Library and Survey-data Extraction Service
- LIBERATOR - Libraries in European Regions - Access to Telematics and Other Resources
- MALVINE - Manuscripts and Letters via Integrated Networks in Europe
- MASTER - Manuscript Access through Standards for Electronic Records
- NEDLIB - Networked European deposit library
- ONE II - Opac Network in Europe- II
- PRIDE - People & Resources Identification for Distributed Environments
- VERITY - Virtual and electronic resources for information skills training
Other related projects
- AGLS - Australian Government Locator Service Implementation Plan - An Australian initiative by the Office for Government Online (OGO).
- CEDARS- CURL Exemplars in Digital ARchiveS - A UK project funded by JISC, the Joint Information Systems Committee through the eLib programme.
- CIMI Dublin Core Metadata Testbed Project- A project funded by CIMI(the Consortium for the Computer Interchange of Museum Information), USA, aiming to explore the creation of Dublin Core metadata for museums
- DESIRE- Development of a European Service for Information on Research and Education, SURFnet, the national research and academic network, The Netherlands
- DONOR- The project, co-ordinated by the National Library of the Netherlands, aims at providing a co-ordinated approach to document and metadata management on the Web.
- The MetaWeb Project- An Australian project aiming to develop indexing services, user tools, and metadata element sets in order to promote the use and exploitation of metadata on the Internet.
- META-LIB- Metadata Initiative of German Libraries, DBI, Germany (In German only)
- Nordic Metadata project- The project, funded by NORDINFOand completed in June 1998, created basic elements of a metadata production and utilization system based on the Dublin Core Metadata Element Set.
- NWI - Nordic Web Index - A project supported by NORDINFOaiming at establishing a distributed service for searching and indexing all information available on the World Wide Web in the Nordic countries.
- ROADS- Resource Organisation And Discovery in Subject-based services - Funded by JISC, the Joint Information Systems Committee, ROADS is a set of software tools to enable the set up and maintenance of Web based subject gateways.
- SAFARI- Co-ordinated by the National Agency for Higher Education (Högskolverket) in Sweden aims at making research information available to the general public via the Internet. (In Swedish only)
Metadata related Initiatives
- The Dublin Core Metadata Initiative- An international consensus-building activity
- Meta Data Coalition- The Meta Data Coalition regroups vendors and users working at the definition, implementation and ongoing evolution of a meta data interchange format and its support mechanisms.
- AHDS - Arts and Humanities Data Service - A national service funded by the Joint Information Systems Committee of the UK's Higher Education Funding Councils to collect and preserve the electronic resources which result from research and teaching in the humanities.
- GDZ- Göttinger DigitalisierungsZentrum, Germany
Metadata workshops organised by Telematics for Libraries
Other related events
- The Meta-Data and Data Management Information Page- An information page on Upcoming Events, Meta-Data Workshops and Conferences provided by the IEEE
- DIGITAL LIBRARIES: Metadata Resources- A comprehensivee list of metadata resources provided by IFLA, NL
- W3C - World Wide Web Consortium, an international industry-supported consortium providing vendor-neutral leadership in the evolution of the Web
DG Information Society
Cultural Heritage Applications Unit