R&D in Piedmont
Internationalization in Piedmont
The Piedmont Agency for Investments, Export and Tourism, was set up in December 2006. It is a new consortium, whose aim is to promote the Piedmont system around the world.
The new international centre will be seeking to:
- unify the bodies that promote Piedmont-based companies,
- maintain the attraction of investments in the Piedmont region,
- boost tourism in Piedmont abroad,
- promote products and services provided by Piedmont-based companies on the global market, including the agricultural foodstuffs sector,
- enhance completely the Piedmont system in order to increase the business attraction within the region.
The &Centro estero per l’internazionalizzazione del Piedmont” dovetails perfectly with the strategy aimed at rationalizing resources and rejuvenating the system of governance already under way which has been impacting significantly on the research, innovation and promotion system abroad since the end of 2005. These are the main elements guiding the region in its process of development and economic growth.
Last updated: November 2011