EUB-1-2015 - Cloud Computing, including security aspects
Specific Challenge: Data are motivating a profound transformation in the culture and conduct of scientific research in every field of science and engineering. Advancements in this area are required in terms of cloud-centric applications for big data, as well as in creating novel cloud technologies that provide effective utilization and optimization of heterogeneous resources (such as storage and communications) in big data scenarios, in particular addressing privacy, security and other Quality-of-Service issues.
· The focus of the joint research will be the development of innovative technologies combining advanced Clouds and Big Data approaches to address the challenges stemming from different application domains in business and societal contexts. The technologies developed should take into account interoperability and data portability issues and aim towards future standardization.
· Coordinated and Support Actions
One CSA for the research coordination and policy activities, including research roadmapping and supporting further future common activities, i.e. dissemination, organisation of workshops, preparation of future coordinated call topics, etc.
The joint EU-Brazil research will develop innovative technologies in the area of cloud based service provision by integrating approaches and aspects of distributed Clouds and Big data. This collaboration will facilitate policy coordination in the relevant areas between the EU and Brazil, subsequently to be expanded to other LAC partners. In particular:
· Facilitate the development of cloud enabled applications through robust standardized global technologies.
· Development of technologies integrating cloud and big data in terms of architecture, middleware and services.
· Joint contributions to International Standardization and/or Forum activities.
Types of action:
Research & Innovation Actions – The Commission considers that proposals requesting a contribution from the EU of EUR 1,5 million would allow this specific challenge to be addressed appropriately. Nonetheless, this does not preclude submission and selection of proposals requesting other amounts.
Coordination and Support Actions