ERC-SUPPORT-2014 - ERC Support for novel ways to highlight the work funded by the ERC and reach out a wider public.
The ERC wishes to support an ambitious series of communication actions to promote and raise awareness of ERC-funded projects and results across Europe to as wide an audience as possible, including: scientists, students, media, policy-makers, the business community and the general public.
The actions will go beyond traditional scientific conferences and take a novel and creative approach with the following characteristics:
- spreading new ideas in science;
- reaching a very wide public of specialists and non-specialists and new audiences at both European and local levels;
- holding frequent, regular events throughout the duration of the campaign;
- being based on carefully selected ERC projects and grantees, from a range of countries and disciplines;
- ensuring visibility across Europe, covering different countries and languages;
- ensuring further dissemination and strong follow-up beyond events through audio-visual, web and social media activities.
Actions may include:
- events to showcase selected ERC-funded results in the form of short, powerful and engaging talks given by ERC grantees;
- popular science activities linked to science festivals, centres and/or museums, which are successful platforms to popularize and disseminate science among non-specialists;
- cooperation with existing networks of universities, learned societies and science academies to establish ERC online lectures involving ERC grantees.
Because of the scope and ambition of these actions, each of them will be implemented by an external organisation or by a consortium of organisations, that should ensure the necessary scientific and communications capacity.
The maximum duration of the project will be 48 months. Up to two proposals will be selected.