ICT-38-2016 - MEXICO: Collaboration on ICT
- Enhanced collaboration in FIWARE between EU and Mexico, with increased alignment between EU and Mexican actors, and joint forces in strategic actions on FIWARE;
- Increased synergies and reduced efforts thanks to exchanges and joint EU-Mexico actions on FIWARE;
- Identification of the most viable, future research topics and ways of cooperation between EU and Mexican actors in ICT research and innovation.
a. Research and Innovation Actions: Development, implementation and replication of FIWARE-based services in the EU and Mexico, to facilitate the transfer of applications between the EU and Mexico, to develop the global uptake of applications in validated scenarios (e.g. energy, transport, smart cities), and to ensure multilingual training and support.
Development of new FIWARE components and evolution of existing ones from sectorial implementations in the EU or Mexico.
The Commission considers that proposals requesting a contribution from the EU of EUR 0.5 million would allow this specific challenge to be addressed appropriately. Nonetheless, this does not preclude submission and selection of proposals requesting other amounts.
b. Coordination and Support Actions:
Proposals should cover one of the following bullet points:
- Networking and other actions for sustainability, standardisation and industrial commitment to FIWARE in Mexico;
- Identify and explore topics for future collaboration in the domain of ICT, e. g. by road-mapping and events in order to ensure that any further cooperation is based on solid basis and a clear mutual value added.
The Commission considers that proposals requesting a contribution from the EU of EUR 0.25 million would allow this specific challenge to be addressed appropriately by two distinct projects. Nonetheless, this does not preclude submission and selection of proposals requesting other amounts.
Mexico has demonstrated its commitment to use FIWARE as the open service platform of reference. Two FIWARE nodes have been established in Mexico, applications and services are being developed and some new FIWARE platform components are added from Mexican research teams. Furthermore Mexico has confirmed in the Joint Scientific Committee the interest to strengthen the collaboration in the ICT domain. Therefore, the present Challenge is to enhance collaboration in FIWARE and opening horizons for future cooperation in the ICT domain.