EEBGUIDEProject reference: 285490
Funded under :
Operational Guidance for performing Life Cycle Assessment Studies of the Energy efficient Buildings Initiative
Total cost:EUR 863 455,77
EU contribution:EUR 495 128
Topic(s):EeB.ENV.2011.3.1.5-2 - Operational guidance for Life Cycle Assessment studies of the Energy Efficient Buildings Initiative
Call for proposal:FP7-2011-NMP-ENV-ENERGY-ICT-EeBSee other projects for this call
Funding scheme:CSA-SA - Support actions
The overall goal of the call “EeB.ENV.2011.3.1.5-2” is to develop a specific guidance document for application to Energy Efficient Buildings and related training material with courses for practitioners in industry and research. This is to be based on and in line with the International Reference Life Cycle Data System (ILCD) Handbook, co-developed by the European Commission's JRC-IES.
The concept for this guidance document is based on two core elements: an extensive list of elements that need to be taken into account when dealing with Life Cycle Assessment (LCA) within the Energy-efficient Buildings Initiative (EeB –PPP) and the solution approaches how to address different issues and an extensive guidance including examples and operational instructions on how to conduct adequate, high-quality LCA studies.
To assure acceptance and applicability, a strong and active involvement of all relevant stakeholders is foreseen.
The EeBGuide will be prepared in line with the ILCD Handbook and with respect to activities such as:
• CEN TC 350 standardization work on the sustainability of construction works,
• Harmonization activities of the Sustainable Buildings Alliance concerning the carbon footprint of buildings incl. activities on sustainable construction,
• Existing and upcoming EPD programmes with their definitions and specifications.
The balanced project consortium features specifically experienced research, consultancy and industry partners and the EC: FRAUNHOFER, PE INT, CSTB, ESCI, BRE and ChS.
The expected outcomes of EeBGuide include:
• A guidance document - based on the ILCD handbook - that is scientifically sound, accepted by practitioners and quality assured (reviewed),
• Exemplary LCA case studies, including recommendations on how to implement adequate building LCA tools,
• Broad dissemination among LCA practitioners and industry, &
• A website, as a central information hub on the operational guidance on LCA within the Energy-efficient Buildings Initiative.
EU contribution: EUR 176 137,46
Tel.: +49 89 12052713
Fax: +49 89 12057534
EU contribution: EUR 118 128
Tel.: +49 711 341817 51
Fax: +49 711 341817 25
EU contribution: EUR 118 765,72
AVENUE JEAN JAURES 84
77420 CHAMPS SUR MARNE
Tel.: +33 476762564
EU contribution: EUR 41 169,32
PASSEIG PUJADES 1
Tel.: +34 932954710 309
Fax: +34 932954720
EU contribution: EUR 19 527,5
BUCKNALLS LANE GARTSON
WD25 9XX WATFORD
Tel.: +44 19236640809
EU contribution: EUR 21 400
FALKVAGEN 11 A
Tel.: +46 70 546 59 16