METPROCELLProject reference: 277916
Funded under :
Innovative fabrication routes and materials for METal and anode supported PROton conducting fuel CELLs
Total cost:EUR 3 447 874,39
EU contribution:EUR 1 822 255
Call for proposal:FCH-JU-2010-1See other projects for this call
Funding scheme:JTI-CP-FCH - Joint Technology Initiatives - Collaborative Project (FCH)
"PCFC is one of the most promising technologies to reach the requirements related to cogeneration application, especially for small power systems (1-5 kWel). The investigation in the concept of advanced thin-film ceramic fuel cell technology at operating intermediate temperature between 400 and 700 °C aims at improving the characteristics (thermal cycling, heat transfer, current collection,.) as well as lowering drastically the costs of the system.
The aim of METPROCELL is to develop innovative Proton Conducting Fuel Cells (PCFCs) by using new electrolytes and electrode materials and implementing cost effective fabrication routes based on both conventional wet chemical routes and thermal spray technologies. Following a complementary approach, the cell architecture will be optimised on both metal and anode type supports, with the aim of improving the performance, durability and cost effectiveness of the cells.
- Development of novel electrolyte (e.g. BTi02, BCY10/BCY10) and electrode materials (e.g. NiO-BIT02 and NiO-BCY10/BCY10 anodes) with enhanced properties for improved proton conducting fuel cells dedicated to 500-600°C.
- Development of alternative manufacturing routes using cost effective thermal spray technologies such detonation spraying (electrolytes and protective coatings on interconnects) and plasma spraying (anode).
- Development of innovative proton conducting fuel cell configurations to be constructed on the basis of both metal supported and anode supported cell designs.
- To up-scale the manufacturing procedures based on both conventional wet chemical methods and thermal spraying for the production of flat Stack Cells with a footprint of 12 x 12 cm.
- Bring the proof of concept of these novel PCFCs by the set-up and validation of prototype like stacks in two relevant industrial systems, namely APU and gas/micro CHP."
EU contribution: EUR 290 002
PARQUE CIENTIFICO Y TECNOLOGICO DE BIZKAIA C GELDO EDIFICIO 700
48160 DERIO BIZKAIA
Tel.: +34 667119601
Fax: +34 946 460 900
EU contribution: EUR 182 125
EMMY NOETHER STRASSE 11
Tel.: +49 721 61051318
EU contribution: EUR 415 653
RUE MICHEL ANGE 3
Tel.: +33 5 57 35 58 60
Fax: +33 5 57 35 58 01
EU contribution: EUR 298 093,76
ANKER ENGELUNDSVEJ 1 BYGNING 101 A
2800 KGS LYNGBY
Tel.: +45 4677 5641
Fax: +45 4677 5858
EU contribution: EUR 21 207,24
Tel.: +45 4527 2266
EU contribution: EUR 249 540
Sem Sælands vei 12
Tel.: +47 90691046
EU contribution: EUR 128 288
Tel.: +46 42 33 86 20
EU contribution: EUR 237 346
PARC TECHNOLOGIQUE DELTA SUD
Tel.: +33 5 61 60 31 32