SA EMC2Project reference: 287663
Funded under :
Support Action Towards Excellence in Media Computing and Communication
EMC2 builds bridges between industry and academia in the field of media computing and communication, enabling industry to exploit current research and researchers to exploit market opportunities.
EMC2 bridges the gap between industry and academia and facilitates the lasting impact of research in media computing and communication (MC2) by projects such as 3DLife and REVERIE.
With a focus on 3D media processing for Internat and social networking, VR/AR, computer vision and motion capture, multimedia content analysis, 3D film and videao, EMC2's core activities are:
- bringing together MC2 stakeholders, including companies, research centres and researchers;
- academia-industry matchmaking facilitating technology transfer to small and medium sized enterprises (SMEs);
- promoting the entrepreneurial spirit within academia and enabling researchers to acquire the entrepreneurial mind-set and skills;
- enabling industry to help shape European (academic) research agendas in MC2;
- creating and promoting a rich online repository of resources for industry and research, including software and data, teaching materials, contact databaeses, funding notifications and publication opportunities.
SA-EMC2 is a support action to establish a Centre of Excellence in Media Computing and Communications (EMC2). The main objective of the project is to facilitate the persistence and lasting impact of the NoE 3DLife and the IP REVERIE project achievements, as well as other projects in the field Media Computing and Communications (MC2).The mission of SA-EMC2 is to bring together partners capabilities, knowledge and expertise to facilitate R&D funding through cooperative projects, joint research publication and technology transfer, while advancing the state of the art in MC2. The activities of SA- EMC2 will revolve around the following key objectives:<br/>\tAcademia – Industry matchmaking\tTechnology transfer to SMEs\tFacilitating mentoring, coaching and training towards start-up creation\tFormation of online and physical entrepreneurs camps and summer/winter schools in the\tMC2 field and entrepreneurial focus\tFormation of PhD courses on the MC2 field and entrepreneurial focus\tShaping national and European research agendas.
EU contribution: EUR 212 932
MILE END ROAD
E1 4NS LONDON
EU contribution: EUR 25 145
RUE DU GENERAL DUFOUR 24
Fax: +41 22 379 00 79
EU contribution: EUR 24 901
Tel.: +49 89 1205 2723
Fax: +49 89 1205 7534
EU contribution: EUR 25 145
RUE BARRAULT 46
75634 PARIS 13
Tel.: +33 1 45 81 74 37
Fax: +33 1 45 81 70 67
EU contribution: EUR 93 625
CHARILAOU THERMI ROAD 6 KM
57001 THERMI THESSALONIKI
EU contribution: EUR 25 252
Fax: +353 1 700 5442