DISKNETProject ID: 294933
Distributed Knowledge-Based Energy Saving Networks
Total cost:EUR 505 700
EU contribution:EUR 505 700
Call for proposal:FP7-PEOPLE-2011-IRSESSee other projects for this call
Funding scheme:MC-IRSES - International research staff exchange scheme (IRSES)
"Project DISKNET, plans an innovative scientific exchange in the field of designing and optimising distributed networks for efficient energy supply, management and use. The sustainability in the development in the EU and worldwide depends on a number of interrelated factors, originating from the environment, the economy and the society. Sufficient and secure energy supply at acceptable cost and minimum environmental impact is key to achieving sustainability regarding all these aspects. The current proposal, addresses all the three aspects– environmental, economic and societal, by proposing research and integrated knowledge management for improved efficiency of energy supply, conversion and utilisation.
The objective of the proposed project is to stimulate a long term research collaboration between academic organisations from the European Research Area (ERA) (Hungary, Greece and Croatia) and leading academic partners from third countries (Ukraine, Jordan and Morocco), in the area of energy systems engineering and energy supply chains.
This will be achieved by undertaking the following joint activities:
• Implement a well structured mobility programme of researchers through two-way exchanges
• Organise a series of training courses, seminars and workshops for researchers both ERA and other countries
• Evaluation and assessment of tools, methodologies and approaches for the design, operation, control and optimisation of energy supply chains involving distributed energy generation and polygeneration of energy and other products
• Organisation and joint participation in conferences
• Joint research involving simulation, design and feasibility studies.
• Cooperating with governments, energy investors and other research organisations to present the results of the joint support actions
• Integrated exchange and management of knowledge using modern information and communication technologies"
EU contribution: EUR 128 800
EGYETEM U 10
EU contribution: EUR 125 000
CHARILAOU THERMI ROAD 6 KM
57001 THERMI THESSALONIKI
EU contribution: EUR 134 500
IVANA LUCICA 5
EU contribution: EUR 117 400
UNIVERSITY CAMPUS ADMINISTRATION BUREAU