ZIF-MARIE-CURIEProject reference: 291784
Funded under :
Zukunftskolleg Incoming Fellowship Programme
Total cost:EUR 15 605 856,6
EU contribution:EUR 6 242 342,64
Topic(s):FP7-PEOPLE-2011-COFUND - Marie-Curie Action: "Co-funding of regional, National and International Programmes"
Call for proposal:FP7-PEOPLE-2011-COFUNDSee other projects for this call
Funding scheme:MC-COFUND - Co-funding of Regional, National and International Programmes (COFUND)
The Zukunftskolleg is an Institute of Advanced Study at the University of Konstanz, which offers postdoctoral researchers a creative space for pursuing frontier research, gaining academic independence and launching their careers at the finest research institutions in Germany and the ERA.
For the continuation of the Zukunftskolleg from 2012 onwards, the fellowship format will be opened up to a larger transnational dimension. For this reason, the previous fellowship scheme ends and will be substituted by two new types of incoming fellowships:
• 5-year fellowships = ZIF-MC research fellowships
• 2-year fellowships = ZIF-MC postdoctoral fellowships
Since these two fellowship schemes are significantly different from the previous fellowship scheme, which has ended with the last call for proposals in May 2010, the ZIF-Marie-Curie programme can be considered a completely new scheme.
In addition, the Zukunftskolleg will offer 5-year fellowships that are not funded through COFUND.
The main objectives of the programme are
(1) to attract top-level experienced researchers from outside Germany and develop mutually-beneficial long-term research cooperations;
(2) to support the career development of young postdoctoral researchers from across the world by offering a creative environment for innovative research;
(3) to foster dialogue and cooperation across disciplines and generations of researchers by creating a productive and supportive community among the fellows;
(4) to prepare young academics to continue their careers with the best possible curriculum and research experience; and
(5) to reinforce equal opportunities for all researchers.
To achieve these objectives, the Zukunftskolleg offers 48 2-year postdoctoral fellowships and 26 5-year research fellowships to excellent postdoctoral scholars who are selected on the basis of their academic track record, the quality and topicality of their research project outline, and their personal aptitude and interdisciplinary interest.
During their stay at the Zukunftskolleg, they will gain academic independence and develop the disciplinary, interdisciplinary and professional skills needed to become leading experts in the international research community and decisively shape the research of the future. Thus, the Zukunftskolleg will train researchers who will advance their research fields and take up principal positions in academia and society.
Fellowship-years that exceed the timeframe of the COFUND programme will be financed from the university’s own budget.
EU contribution: EUR 6 242 342,64