com´N&NProject reference: 319192
Funded under :
Supporting N&N research communication, dialogue and engagement
Total cost:EUR 312 633,07
EU contribution:EUR 243 000
Topic(s):NMP.2012.1.4-4 - Evaluation of EC communication and dialogue on research and innovation in nanotechnologies and design of future needs for the EU (industry and society)
Call for proposal:FP7-NMP-2012-CSA-6See other projects for this call
Funding scheme:CSA-SA - Support actions
Evaluating EC communication and dialogue developed so far on nanoscience and nanotechnology (N&N) is crucial to identify future areas for improvement. Measuring the effectiveness of these efforts is still a relatively new field, and emerging evaluation techniques are grappling with how to deal with.
Under a comprehensive (formative, process, outcome and impact) evaluation focus, Com’N&N proposes the following specific objectives to be achieved:
1. Gathering data and evidence that guided the design of the N&N communication and dialogue actions, including information on ways that was shaped;
2. Measuring N&N communication and dialogue’s implementation and how planned activities have been carried out;
3. Measuring shorter term changes in beliefs, attitudes and behavior within the target audiences after exposure to N&N communication and dialogue activities;
4. Identifying longer-term effects of behavior that can be made after exposure to the N&N communication and dialogue activity.
The following measurable results will be achieved by Com’N&N:
• List of 25 indicators covering the spectrum of focus;
• List of 7.500 potential surveyed participants
• Obtaining approx. 15% of participants (1.150) completing the 10-15 minutes web survey;
• Sample of 100 interviewees covering most of the 160 matrix segments among type of messages + communication vehicles + audience target;
• Combined use of analytical techniques: concatenation, statistics and SWOT;
• Recommendations based on 10 case studies and good practices of communication efforts carried out during the period 2008-2011;
• Dissemination of 75 paper final evaluation report; 500 leaflets promoting evaluation of communication efforts in N&N and recognizing a selection of case studies and good practices; and, 500 visitors of the website having downloaded at least 1 public deliverable.
This proposal is submitted by independent, specialized consultancies ensuring a neutral approach from stakeholders interest.
EU contribution: EUR 95 511
PARQUE EMPRESARIAL ZUATZU PISO 1 6 6
20018 SAN SEBASTIAN
EU contribution: EUR 82 983,75
PLACE JOSEPH BERMOND OPHIRA I
06560 SOPHIA ANTIPOLIS VALBONNE
EU contribution: EUR 64 505,25
THESSALONIKI - THERMI RD 9TH KLM
Tel.: +30 2310 531000
Fax: +30 2310 552265