INDOEUROPEAN-MATHDSProject reference: 317893
Funded under :
Indo-European Network in Mathematics for Health and Disease
Total cost:EUR 294 000
EU contribution:EUR 294 000
Coordinated in:United Kingdom
Call for proposal:FP7-PEOPLE-2012-IRSESSee other projects for this call
Funding scheme:MC-IRSES - International research staff exchange scheme (IRSES)
"The main aim of this proposal is to set up an Indo-European Research Network in Mathematics for Health and Disease, INDOEUROPEAN-MATHDS, that will allow the transfer of knowledge, research and training between partners. The Network will involve physicists, mathematicians, statisticians, probabilists, biologists, immunologists and engineers. The Network will create new collaborations and reinforce existing ones to develop a lasting and fruitful research cooperation between all partners. Other objectives of this proposal are:
(1) Establish research collaborations between the experimental, clinical and theoretical partners of the Network to develop mathematical and computational models for health and disease.
(2) Establish research collaborations between the different theoretical groups to discuss, compare, test and validate different modelling approaches.
(3) Train a new generation of multi-disciplinary (experimental, clinical and theoretical) scientists, with the aim to exchange postgraduate students and research fellows, so that they benefit from the broader knowledge, skills and tools provided by the Network.
(4) Enhance the international outreach dimension of the EU partners by delivering lectures and seminars at the LANL q-bio series of Summer Schools and Conference, and the training events to be organised and hosted by the Indian partners.
(5) Enhance the international dimension of research in India in the area of Mathematics for Health and Disease, by organising and hosting four training events (spring schools) in India.
(6) Enhance the international outreach dimension of the LANL q-bio series of Summer Schools and Conferences.
A final research objective of the Network is to develop, by means of the Research Staff Exchange Scheme, four long-term directions in Mathematics for Health and Disease:
(a) host-pathogen dynamics,
(b) immune cellular processes and ageing,
(c) receptor mediated processes, and
(d) genomic fluidity of human pathogens."
EU contribution: EUR 94 500
LS2 9JT LEEDS
Tel.: +44 113 343 4090
Fax: +44 113 343 0949
EU contribution: EUR 25 200
WC1E 6BT LONDON
EU contribution: EUR 63 000
3584 CS UTRECHT
Tel.: +31 30 2539730
EU contribution: EUR 29 400
Tel.: +353 1 7086796
EU contribution: EUR 42 000
LG CAMPUS LAGOAS MARCOSENDE
36310 VIGO PONTEVEDRA
Tel.: +34 986 812052
EU contribution: EUR 16 800
CALLE ALBERTO AGUILERA 23
EU contribution: EUR 23 100
Tel.: +41 61 7041837
Fax: +41 61 7041213