PicoDiConProject reference: 232123
Funded under :
Development of a mobile Pico-projector based data Displaying solution for Construction SMEs enabling the “paperless construction site”
This project will:
• Provide a rugged and robust pico-projector based solution for the construction industry to enable a “paperless construction site”.
• Allow easy drawing and other construction related documents to be displayed at construction site.
• Support the growth of European ICT and construction industry SMEs.
• The “paperless construction site” is currently very far from reality and there is no reliable and easy-to-use affordable solution to replace printed drawings and other construction related documents on construction sites
The general goal of the PicoDiCon project is to create a paperless on-line solution for construction workers to easily display up-to-date 2D and 3D drawings and other construction related materials on site. There is currently no user-friendly and reliable technical solution for replacing printed materials in construction sites by electronic information.
To achieve this goal we will develop a rugged and robust pico-projector and PDA based solution for the construction industry to enable a “paperless construction site”. Our solution will enable the display drawings and other construction related documents on-line on construction site without need for large and expensive ruggedized PC’s and extending current PDA’s limited display area. It will be an easy to use, reliable and affordable solution for construction SMEs, who can project image on any flat surface on construction sites. Our consortium represents 9 participants from 5 EU countries
To achieve this we need to:
• Develop a pico-projector engine by using the DeCIBEL™ (US patent approved in March 2008) laser platform which allows us to develop small MEMS head(<2cm3 for embedding into PDA’s), low-power (<15W), high quality (WVGA, 16M colours) and affordable (Bill of Materials €100 per projector engine) pico-projector prototype suitable for portable ruggedized devices
EU contribution: EUR 491 834
Tel.: +358 40 753 1224
Fax: +358 3 316 5505
EU contribution: EUR 73 611
Fax: +372 622 88 60
EU contribution: EUR 251 505
EU contribution: EUR 42 142
EU contribution: EUR 14 075
EU contribution: EUR 25 290
Tel.: +37 261 01 014
Fax: +37 261 01 038
EU contribution: EUR 20 406
CALLE NICOLAS COPERNICO 7 PARQUE TECNOLOGICO
46980 PATERNA, VALENCIA
Tel.: +34 961318051
EU contribution: EUR 22 776
EU contribution: EUR 180 187
Tel.: +41 32 732 15 20