UPFellowsProject reference: 600387
Funded under :
Total cost:EUR 5 482 936,8
EU contribution:EUR 2 193 174,72
Topic(s):FP7-PEOPLE-2012-COFUND - Marie-Curie Action: "Co-funding of regional, National and International Programmes"
Call for proposal:FP7-PEOPLE-2012-COFUNDSee other projects for this call
Funding scheme:MC-COFUND - Co-funding of Regional, National and International Programmes (COFUND)
The UPFellows program promoted by Universitat Pompeu Fabra - UPF aims to offer career development opportunities to outstanding junior postdoctoral researchers of any nationality. They will join one of the most unique and dynamic research environments in Europe, where they will be able to advance in their research and further develop their professional skills with a career development plan guided by a senior scientific mentor and strong administrative support.
From an institutional perspective, the program’s objectives are:
- To maximize the potential for UPF to attract top quality researchers from all over the world, particularly by offering competitive salaries, attractive employment and working conditions, and career prospects.
- To boost an exemplary postdoctoral program aligned with the principles of the Charter & Code which contributes to reinforce current good practices
- To serve as an initial impulse and pilot for a permanent internal postdoctoral program which UPF plans to maintain beyond the COFUND period.
The applicant-oriented objectives are:
- To enhance career prospects by providing structured postdoctoral training; scientific, technical and personal support; and monitoring and evaluation that will maximize fellows’ opportunities for continued professional development and the possibilities of continued success.
- To benefit from the intensive research environment at UPF (11 ERC grants)
- To guarantee the maximum degree of information about and equality of opportunity to access postdoctoral employment opportunities at UPF.
- To provide a stepping stone to future employment opportunities, whether within Spain or abroad.
The program is an “incoming” scheme that will, in this pilot, consist of 2 calls, one during each of the first 2 years. Each call will offer 12 3-year contracts.
UPFellows will include mechanisms for the evaluation and dissemination of the impact of the program in the career development of the researchers and in the ERA.
EU contribution: EUR 2 193 174,72
PLACA DE LA MERCE, 10-12