DemoShopInstantShoeProject reference: 606119
Funded under :
Demonstration of a cost-effective footwear based on shape memory materials to provide an instant fitting personalization service at the retail shop for enhancing user’s comfort
The DemoShopInstantShoe (DemoSIS) is a direct follow on from the very successful ShopInstantShoe FP7-SME-2008-1 project, that came to promising conclusions in February 2012. ShopInstantShoe (SIS) aimed at developing a customizable and fashionable women footwear upper and an innovative service providing customers with personalization of the shoe fitting at retail shop.
SIS results revealed positive feedback from end users who assigned high value and expressed high interest on the proposed customizable shoes and in-shop personalization. Since the new product-service has been successfully created and validated at small scale, there is a strong case to demonstrate that the process and concept can be extended and able to overcome the barriers that are currently stopping the solution to be commercialized. The challenges to face in the project are:
(1) To scale-up the range of upper materials to creating new smart textile based composites that facilitate to cover a wider footwear market segment.
(2) To extend the footwear women models able to be personalized in order to fulfil the target needs and increasing the commercial scope of the product-service.
(3) To develop the industrialization of the product manufacturing system.
(4) To upgrade the novel customization process to a pre-commercial service, adapting the required customization shop tool to retail channel needs.
(5) To validate the new improvements expected, including temporary in-shop pilot testing to reach the standard specification for the product-service, as well as outlining the most profitable business exploitation through further analysis.
The new consortium is composed of four original partners from SIS project (Calzamedi, Texinov, Nimesis and IBV) and two retailing distributors (OrtoTwins and TechnoBoots). The outcomes produced will allow the consortium to execute suitable marketing actions, enhancing SMEs to commercially exploit and service the market after project ends.
EU contribution: EUR 243 874
Tel.: +34 965817960
Fax: +34 965801655
EU contribution: EUR 146 396
ROUTE DE LA FERROSSIERE 56
38110 SAINT DIDIER DE LA TOUR
Tel.: +33 474974475
EU contribution: EUR 110 718
RUE DES ARTISANS - FRONTIGNY 4
EU contribution: EUR 51 623
Praceta Calouste Gulbenkian 22 Rc
2560 333 TORRES VEDRAS
Tel.: +35 1261316593
EU contribution: EUR 75 190
UNTERM ASPALTER 1
5106 VELTHEIM AG
Tel.: +41 564431400
EU contribution: EUR 175 199
UNIVERSIDAD POLITECNICA DE VALENCIA EDIFICIO 9C CAMINO DE VERA S/N
Tel.: +34 963879160
Fax: +34 963879169