H2TRUSTProject reference: 325357
Funded under :
Development of H2 Safety Expert Groups and due diligence tools for public awareness and trust in hydrogen technologies and applications
Total cost:EUR 1 208 415,82
EU contribution:EUR 796 678
Topic(s):SP1-JTI-FCH.2012.5.5 - Assessment of safety issues related to fuel cells and hydrogen applications
Call for proposal:FCH-JU-2012-1See other projects for this call
Funding scheme:JTI-CSA-FCH - Joint Technology Initiatives - Coordination and Support Acti
Although many predictions for the hydrogen economy in the last decade have proven optimistic, the maturity of it is now increasingly evident by the substantial investments in R&D, demonstration and industrialisation made by public and private institutions in Europe. The USA and Japan are leading the hydrogen based energy infrastructure, becoming a mainstream solution for society’s need to transition to clean, renewable and widely available energy sources. To ensure that non-technical barriers to the deployment of Fuel Cell and Hydrogen (FCH) technologies are properly addressed, the H2TRUST project has been created by a team of highly experienced and qualified industry and academic experts with the following objectives:
- Assess industry efforts to assure FCH technology is safe and that there is an adequate regulation, hazard awareness, incident readiness and ability to respond to public concerns.
- Hazard and risk assessment in the FCH industry in each of the main application areas (H2 Production, Storage and Distribution, Mobility and Vehicles, Non-vehicles and residential power generation).
- Systematically map safety issues and assess how they are addressed.
- Compile information demonstrating safety due diligence and best practices.
- Seek input from previous, on-going and upcoming Fuel Cells and Hydrogen Joint Undertaking (FCH JU) demonstrations and pre-normative and training projects and from similar international activities.
- Make recommendations for further safety efforts by FCH community.
- Develop communications network to manage public reaction to incidents and give documented responses.
- Disseminate the results so as to create a long lasting culture of safety practices in the industry and a legacy of tools and knowledge serving to reinforce best practices and assure public confidence.
H2TRUST is a response to the FCH JU call for proposals in their Annual Implementation Plan of 2012, page 101(Topic SP1-JTI-FCH.2012.5.5: Assessment of safety issues related to fuel cells and hydrogen applications).
EU contribution: EUR 190 410,79
Campus de la UAB. Edificio MATGAS
E-08193 Cerdanyola del Vallès
Tel.: +34 93 59 29 950
Fax: +34 93 59 29 951
EU contribution: EUR 27 560
Hersham Place - Molesey Road
KT12 4RZ WALTON-ON-THAMES
Tel.: +44 1932 249378
EU contribution: EUR 103 175
PIAZZALE RODOLFO MORANDI 2
Tel.: +0032 471727491
EU contribution: EUR 63 999,37
viale Lombardia 20
20021 BOLLATE (MI)
EU contribution: EUR 53 835,84
PIAZZA LEONARDO DA VINCI 32
EU contribution: EUR 48 721
La Riétière -Zone d' activités
26190 La Motte Fanjas
Tel.: +33 661 38 2009
EU contribution: EUR 62 186
VIA GEROLAMO BORGAZZI 27
Tel.: +39 039 2396 367
Fax: +39 039 2396 288
EU contribution: EUR 166 020
VIA PALESTRINA 25
Tel.: +39 06 33268972
Fax: +39 06 33267022
EU contribution: EUR 80 770
GROENE LOPER 5
5612 AE EINDHOVEN
Tel.: +31 40 247 2460