SyrNemoProject reference: 605075
Funded under :
Synchronous Reluctance Next Generation Efficient Motors for Electric Vehicles
SyrNemo is an innovative synchronous reluctance machine (SYRM) with higher power density and higher driving cycle efficiency at lower cost than state of the art permanent magnet (PM) synchronous machines.
• The mass and volume specific power densities are increased by approximately 5%. This is achieved through an innovative magnetic reluctance rotor design with optional ferrites. Bar windings are used to reduce the required winding space. An integrated liquid cooling circuit is used to cool both the power electronics and the motor to further reduce total mass and volume.
• The dependency on rare earth PMs is eliminated by using either no permanent magnets or optional ferrites. The proposed rotor design allows for use of future magnet materials with high energy density once they are available on the market.
• The proposed SYRM is easy to manufacture, dismantle, and recycle. This way manufacturing cost can be reduced by 20% and more compared to PM synchronous machines (PMSMs).
• Eco-design throughout the project’s duration will ensure minimum environmental and social impact and hidden cost.
• Due to the simple rotor design the machine is very robust.
• The insulation system will be designed for a total lifetime of 10 years and 10,000 operating hours to reduce cost.
• The proposed SYRM has a high efficiency over a wide range of speed and torque. Therefore, the overall driving cycle efficiency of SYRM can be improved by 5–15% compared to PMSMs.
• The control of the drive will be implemented to achieve the maximum possible efficiency in each operating point incorporating the stator winding temperature.
The successful industrialization of a synchronous reluctance machine has recently been demonstrated for industrial applications. The proposed synchronous reluctance machine is thus the most promising candidate for being the next generation electric motor of full electric vehicles.
EU contribution: EUR 560 740
DONAU CITY STRASSE 1 TECH GATE VIENNA
Tel.: +43 50550 6063
Fax: +43 505506595
EU contribution: EUR 264 680
Tel.: +43 6648274266
Fax: +43 3167876050
EU contribution: EUR 461 085
STRADA TORINO 50
Tel.: +39 011 9083525
Fax: +39 0119083786
EU contribution: EUR 366 423
PARQUE CIENTIFICO Y TECNOLOGICO DE BIZKAIA C GELDO EDIFICIO 700
48160 DERIO BIZKAIA
Tel.: +34 946430850
EU contribution: EUR 258 867
VIA ZAMBONI 33
EU contribution: EUR 252 612
Tel.: +49 5117622408
Fax: +49 5117623040
EU contribution: EUR 365 683
MILLENNIUM PARK 11
Tel.: +43 55779010375
EU contribution: EUR 209 100