GreenGELAIRProject reference: 620136
Funded under :
Application of a new “green” sol-gel product using an original, versatile, accurate and in-line mixing device that improves the adhesion of paint on aeronautical sector products
Total cost:EUR 281 629
EU contribution:EUR 197 936
Topic(s):JTI-CS-2013-1-ECO-01-070 - Application of sol gel technologies on low weight green metallic fuselage section
Call for proposal:SP1-JTI-CS-2013-01See other projects for this call
Funding scheme:JTI-CS - Joint Technology Initiatives - Clean Sky
GreenGELAIR aims at developing a two component sol-gel product to be applied on spray or stick/brush device to improve paint adhesion on large surface for OEM or MRO situations.
It will be done through:
• Development of a new and competitive formulation of sol gel product based on hybrid organic-inorganic system. It will be competitive compared to commercial products regarding induction time, pot life and adhesion on surfaces.
• Design of a versatile device capable of providing a wide and accurate range of sol gel on spray or stick/brush
The Technological objectives are expected to surpass the performances existing in the market:
• Sol gel product
o Reduce induction time below 30 minutes by means of promoters (acid, UV radiation, organometallics). Sonication will be integrated if necessary.
• Increase the pot life beyond 12 h through optimal formulation with organopolysiloxane precursors.
• Application device
• Accurate way to dose different components based on a gravimetric system instead of a volumetric one.
• Design a versatile mixing system based on in-line mixing and recirculation. The system will produce the desired quantity and will be adaptable to spray or stick/brush application
• Design of an integrated cleaning system.
• Evaluation of film
• Define a new testing methodology to evaluate film performances based on electrochemical controls (Electrochemical noise measurements (ENM), Electrochemical impedance spectroscopy (EIS) and Potentiodynamic Polarization Curves (PPC))
The new sol gel product and the device designed will be compared to conventional processes in complex shapes through a demonstration phase. OEM and MRO situations will be considered Brush and Stick applications will be used in MROs scenarios and paint sprayer application will be used in OEMs situations.Corrosion and adhesion tests will be realized to obtain the comparative study of resulting films. Also, morphology and film thickness will be controlled to ensure the adhesion of the film
EU contribution: EUR 111 725
PARQUE TECNOLOGICO VALENCIA - AVDA. LEONARDO DA VINCI 38
Fax: +34 960915446
EU contribution: EUR 65 331
CALLE MADRID 126
28903 GETAFE (MADRID)
EU contribution: EUR 20 880
CALLE JUAN OLIVERT 22
41300 LA RICONADA SEVILLA
Tel.: +954 115027