NLRN20142015Project ID: 633351
Netherlands Researchers' Night: using the innovative Discovery Festival to unite separate events under a new national brand with a strong European dimension
Gesamtkosten:EUR 541 463
EU-Beitrag:EUR 305 000
Aufruf zur Vorschlagseinreichung:H2020-MSCA-NIGHT-2014See other projects for this call
Finanzierungsprogramm:CSA - Coordination and support action
- Discovery Festival will have its 10th anniversary in 2015, just like European Researchers’ Night.
- Discovery Festival has been our Dutch edition of European Researchers’ Night (ERN) since 2006.
- We combine new science and young scientists with a high quality young art program and top notch nightlife activities
- Thereby we reach the important and difficult target group of young trend setting adults.
- We experiment with new ways of communicating science and share our experiences, thus contributing to continuous progress in science communication.
- To reach a large broad public, more traditional activities are needed.
- In this project, to maximize impact, we will build a framework of diverse new initiatives and existing events, under a new national brand: Netherlands Researchers’ Night.
- We use Discovery Festival as a core of continuous innovation.
- The shared framework ensures that events will work to adhere to EU quality criteria, that resources are spent effectively and that experiences are shared structurally.
- Through substantial support for these events from other parties, the impact of an EU contribution will be multiplied.
- We thereby unite a number of separate initiatives under one brand with a strong European dimension.
- Discovery Festival 2014 will be the starting point of this process, Netherlands Researchers’ Night 2015 (of which Discovery Festival 2015 will be a part) the first result.
- Discovery Festival 2014 will welcome 5.000 visitors in Amsterdam and reach around 2 million people through the awareness campaign.
- Netherlands Researchers’ Night will welcome 15.000 visitors on 4 locations, of which 5000 at Discovery Festival 2015, and around 5 million people through the awareness campaign.
EU-Beitrag: EUR 305 000