CEMCAPProject ID: 641185
Finanziato nell'ambito di:
CO2 capture from cement production
Dettagli del progetto
Costo totale:EUR 10 030 120,75
Contributo UE:EUR 8 778 701
Argomento (i):LCE-15-2014 - Enabling decarbonisation of the fossil fuel-based power sector and energy intensive industry through CCS
Invito a presentare proposte:H2020-LCE-2014-1See other projects for this call
Meccanismo di finanziamento:RIA - Research and Innovation action
The European cement industry has committed itself to contributing to climate protection measures and therefore to curbing its CO2 emissions. CO2 capture technologies, although an essential part of all CO2 reduction scenarios, are not yet ready for large-scale deployment in the cement industry. Hence, the primary objective of CEMCAP is
To prepare the ground for large-scale implementation of CO2 capture in the European cement industry
To achieve this objective, CEMCAP will
- Leverage to TRL 6 for cement plants the oxyfuel capture technology and three fundamentally different post combustion capture technologies, all of them with a targeted capture rate of 90%.
- Identify the CO2 capture technologies with the greatest potential to be retrofitted to existing cement plants in a cost- and resource-effective manner, maintaining product quality and environmental compatibility.
- Formulate a techno-economic decision-basis for CO2 capture implementation in the cement industry, where the current uncertainty regarding CO2 capture cost is reduced by at least 50%.
For successful large-scale deployment of CO2 capture in the cement industry, technologies must be developed beyond the current state of the art. In order to bring the most high-potential retrofittable CO2 capture technologies to a higher TRL level and closer to implementation, CEMCAP will
- Describe the routes for the development required to close technology gaps for CO2 capture from cement and assist technology suppliers along the related innovation chains.
- Identify and follow up minimum five potential innovations springing from CEMCAP research.
Technologies suitable for CO2 capture retrofit are focused on in CEMCAP, because cement plants typically have a lifetime of as long as 30-50 years. However, the results from CEMCAP will enable looking beyond this horizon. Therefore, CEMCAP will
- Create pathways for the low to near-zero CO2 emission cement production of the future.
Contributo UE: EUR 2 335 000
Sem Saelandsveg 11
Contributo UE: EUR 25 000
Contributo UE: EUR 80 000
Contributo UE: EUR 420 000
601 87 NORRKOPING
Contributo UE: EUR 417 000
ANNA VAN BUERENPLEIN 1
2595 DA DEN HAAG
Contributo UE: EUR 190 000
VIA GABRIELE CAMOZZI 124
Contributo UE: EUR 20 000
Contributo UE: EUR 1 125 000
31535 NEUSTADT AM RUBENBERGE
Contributo UE: EUR 158 916,25
THYSSENKRUPP ALLEE 1
Contributo UE: EUR 0
Contributo UE: EUR 1 993 427,75
Contributo UE: EUR 355 000
PIAZZA LEONARDO DA VINCI 32
Contributo UE: EUR 469 418
CALLE SERRANO 117
Contributo UE: EUR 949 939
Contributo UE: EUR 240 000
BERLINER STRASSE 6