e-AirportProject ID: 641581
Increase airport capacity, safety and security using European GNSS
The main goals of the e-Airport project are:
• The development of an airport operations monitor application based on European GNSS to increase the efficiency, safety and security of aircraft services and cargo processes
• Application demonstrations in two European airports using EGNOS and Galileo Early services.
Eurocontrol statistics indicates that 70 % of all flight delays in Europe are caused by airlines or their ground handlers, airports or other parties involved in the turn around process which includes cabin service, catering, fuelling, cargo operations, passenger boarding etc.
On the other hand, ICAO Annex 14 recommends to provide apron management service to increase airport capacity in low visibility conditions and at complex, high-density aerodromes.
To cope with these efficiency and safety goals different R&D projects in Europe have developed applications focused on improving particular aspects of Airport Operations.
The e-Airport project aims at:
• evolve GPS based solutions developed in previous projects in multicostellation based solutions exploiting GPS, EGNOS/EDAS and Galileo services
• integrate the applications developed to monitor aircraft services and cargo processes in a single wider application able to measure the global Airport performance Key Performance Indicators according to the SESAR guidelines
Moreover e-Airport project will propose an evolution of the current CEN standard for provision of EGNOS CS/EDAS based services to include the use of Galileo services and it will release the associated client SW tool to the GNSS developer community with free open source license.
Airport Operators and one Air Navigation Service Provider are part of the e-Airport project team to drive the application development with actual operational user needs and to validate the application demonstration in:
• “Karol Wojtyła” International Airport of Bari-Palese
• “Henri Coandă” International Airport of Bucarest
EU contribution: EUR 636 790
Via Tiburtina 965
EU contribution: EUR 163 487,62
VIA SALARIA 716
EU contribution: EUR 68 224,62
VIALE ENZO FERRARI 1
70128 BARI BA
EU contribution: EUR 324 937,50
EU contribution: EUR 258 650
POELER STRASSE 85A
EU contribution: EUR 167 366,50
VIA DEL CASALE CAVALLARI 200
EU contribution: EUR 102 017
CALEA BUCURESTILOR 224 E ILFOV
EU contribution: EUR 186 347,88
STR DR IACOB FELIX 70 ETAJ 3 SECTOR 1