MalaDiagProject ID: 663824
Financiado con arreglo a:
H2020-EU.3.1. - SOCIETAL CHALLENGES - Health, demographic change and well-being
Development of a very rapid diagnostic test for malaria, based on break-through detection technology and new biomarkers of infection.
Detalles del proyecto
Coste total:EUR 71 429
Aportación de la UE:EUR 50 000
Tema(s):PHC-12-2014-1 - Clinical research for the validation of biomarkers and/or diagnostic medical devices
Convocatoria de propuestas:H2020-SMEINST-1-2014See other projects for this call
Régimen de financiación:SME-1 - SME instrument phase 1
The overall project objective is to develop and bring to market a very rapid diagnostic test (V-RDT) for malaria, based on break-through detection technology and particularly relevant biomarkers of infection.
Our ambition is for our diagnostic device to become the reference technology in all malaria endemic areas.
A key advantage of our approach lies in the combination of an innovative detection device with novel biomarkers that should significantly improve the quality of testing and the ability to implement mass testing campaigns.
Our device is expected to overcome most shortcomings identified in devices currently on the market. The expected added value of our proposed diagnostic device to users is multiple including:
• Rapidity: 1 minute vs. 15-20 minutes required for most current tests. This is a major competitive advantage for cross-sectional testing necessary for eradication efforts;
• High sensitivity including quantitative evaluations (picomolar detection);
• Several simultaneous measures to distinguish parasite species (P. falciparum / P. vivax);
• Infection parameters (parasite density and antibody response): the comprehensive nature of our diagnostic read-outs provide information on prognosis and/or therapeutic response in addition to simple yes/no diagnoses; and
• Functional and reliable in expected field conditions (tropical environments).
Aportación de la UE: EUR 50 000
4 RUE PIERRE FONTAINE CAMPUS 3
Aportación de la UE: EUR 0
1 RUE PIERRE FONTAINE BAT 1