OPTiProject ID: 649796
OPTiOptimisation of District Heating Cooling systems
Gesamtkosten:EUR 2 100 130
EU-Beitrag:EUR 2 100 130
Aufruf zur Vorschlagseinreichung:H2020-EE-2014-2-RIASee other projects for this call
Finanzierungsprogramm:RIA - Research and Innovation action
“With a user-centric design, we will contribute to next-generation District Heating & Cooling systems”
The OPTi project aspires to create a long-lasting impact by rethinking the way DHC systems are architected and controlled. The overarching goal is to create business benefit for the industry as well as to ensure optimal end-consumer satisfaction.
OPTi will deliver methodologies and tools that will enable accurate modelling, analysis and control of current and envisioned DHC systems. The methodology will be deployed both on a complete system level, and on the level of a building(s).
OPTi will treat the DHC system as a system subject to dynamic control, and will treat thermal energy as a resource to be controlled for DHC systems towards saving energy and reducing peak loads. This will lead to the most environmentally-friendly way of utilizing energy sources, thus reducing the reliance on additional boilers running on oil and/or electricity and overall providing a socio-economically sustainable environment.
OPTi will help energy companies to operate both today’s and future DHC systems in an optimal way:
• System level: We envision opportunities for SMEs to provide new services/solutions
• House level: More intelligent home DHC control systems like remote control and the consumer “virtual knob”
• General: We foresee that the OPTi framework will enable engineers to design and plan DHC
Luleå Energi AB invests 45 MEUR (2014-2018) in their DHC to meet the requirements from the expanding Luleå City. This will enhance the system and allow for new solutions to be deployed and is directly beneficial for this project.
• Saving 30% of energy for water and heating on a system level
• Saving 30-40% of peak consumption on houses/clusters of houses
• Promote ways of operating today’s and future DH/DC systems in more optimized and environmentally friendly way including alternative energy sources and energy storage methods.
EU-Beitrag: EUR 647 250
971 87 LULEA
EU-Beitrag: EUR 289 375
KEFALLINIAS STREET 46
EU-Beitrag: EUR 321 005
Subramanya Arcade, 12 Bannerghatta Road
EU-Beitrag: EUR 177 500
Calle Gremio Boneteros 48
07009 Palma de Mallorca
EU-Beitrag: EUR 148 750
EU-Beitrag: EUR 234 375
EU-Beitrag: EUR 135 625
EU-Beitrag: EUR 146 250
PO BOX 27