CREATEProject ID: 636573
Finanziato nell'ambito di:
Congestion Reduction in Europe : Advancing Transport Efficiency (CREATE)
Dettagli del progetto
CREATE addresses the task Tackling Urban Road Congestion, taking a long-term view of how this can be achieved, especially in cities experiencing rapid growth in car ownership and use. It deals with most of the issues set out in the recent Urban Mobility Package.
• Rigorously and systematically develop practical definitions of urban road congestion and of network performance, and identify factors influencing conditions in different cities.
• Work with Western European (WE) cities that have succeeded in decoupling traffic growth from economic growth, to analyse quantitatively the objective factors which have contributed to this, and the qualitative factors which have enabled a policy evolution from ‘supporting traffic growth’ to ‘encouraging sustainable mobility’.
• Develop concrete guidance and provide capacity building for cities in Central and Eastern Europe (CEE), and the EuroMed region, enabling them to move rapidly to develop a feasible, effective and deliverable Sustainable Urban Mobility Plan (SUMP).
• Anticipating future pressures on city transport systems (congestion and overcrowding), to investigate how new transport technologies might increase transport efficiency, and how non-transport technologies and changes in business and social practices could reduce pressures on transport systems.
These objectives will be achieved by:
• Analysing congestion and network performance data provided by INRIX and WE cities.
• Using detailed household travel data from repeat surveys in WE cities since the 1970s/1980s and complementary data on network, economic and demographic conditions; and documents setting out historical policy development.
• Preparing detailed guidance and training for our CEE cities, which will then be delivered to a much larger set of cities.
• Working with leading technology providers, businesses and futurists, to explore what options there might be to provide high quality mobility in cities facing increasing population and employment.
Contributo UE: EUR 607 105
WC1E 6BT LONDON
Contributo UE: EUR 219 875
GREGOR MENDEL STRASSE 33
Contributo UE: EUR 175 125
BULEVARD ION MIHALACHE 327 BL 12 SC B ET 6 AP 59 SECTOR 1
Contributo UE: EUR 445 260
SQUARE DE MEEUS 1
Contributo UE: EUR 188 375
RUE SAINT GUILLAUME 27
Contributo UE: EUR 241 000
RUE FALGUIERE 15
Contributo UE: EUR 123 750
FIFTH FLOOR STATION HOUSE STAMFORD NEW ROAD
WA14 1EP ALTRINCHAM
Contributo UE: EUR 123 780
2800 KONGENS LYNGBY
Contributo UE: EUR 247 562,50
TOTTENHAM COURT ROAD 97 NETWORK BUILDING
WIT 4TP LONDON
Contributo UE: EUR 188 775
WURTTEMBERGISCHE STRASSE 6
Contributo UE: EUR 118 375
Contributo UE: EUR 239 750
VICTORIA ST 42-50 WINDSOR HOUSE
SW1H 0TL LONDON
Contributo UE: EUR 119 750
RESATBEY MAHALLESI TURKKUSU CADDESI
01019 SEYHAN ADANA
Contributo UE: EUR 129 300
OMAR MATAR STREET
Contributo UE: EUR 101 238,75
SPLAIUL INDEPENDENTEI 291 293 SECTOR 6
Contributo UE: EUR 100 625
BOULEVARD ILINDEN 82 SKOPJE CENTER
Former Yugoslav Republic of Macedonia
Contributo UE: EUR 125 000
VABADUSE VALJAK 7
Contributo UE: EUR 375 500