PreserviXProject ID: 674422
Financé au titre de:
H2020-EU.2.3.1. - Mainstreaming SME support, especially through a dedicated instrument
Reshaping Digital Preservation
Détails concernant le projet
Coût total:EUR 71 429
Contribution de l'UE:EUR 50 000
Sujet(s):ICT-37-2014-1 - Open Disruptive Innovation Scheme (implemented through the SME instrument)
Appel à propositions:H2020-SMEINST-1-2014See other projects for this call
Régime de financement:SME-1 - SME instrument phase 1
"Our vision is to reshape digital preservation!
Our objectives are:
• To change the way the world is preserving valuable data for future use;
• To enable data owners to secure their data and protect them from manipulation, - protecting confidentiality and privacy;
• To significantly reduce the cost of long term preservation - offering a cost saving of 60% - 80%;
• To liberate data owners from technology and vendor lock-in
• To make a pan-European technology to become the world leader within a global, growing niche market
The technologies used today are rather made for the needs of general data back-up and short term storage, and applied within digital preservation in the lack of a true preservation solution.
How to achieve these objectives:
In this feasibility assessment we want to achieve the following:
1. Perform market research (through the beta testers and other partners):
o Get a clear picture on the competitive environment within long term preservation of valuable data
o Examine the feasibility of introducing the Piql system as a ""Managed Service"".
o Learn how data preservation services are offered to the market and how they are priced
2. We aim to develop an innovative and different business model to bring this technology to the market.
3. Develop a ""go-to-market"" strategy and business plan based on the outcome of the market research and business model..
The objectives relevance to the Work Programme:
This project proposal relates to the work programme ""Leadership in enabling and industrial technologies"", Information and Communication Technologies, Horizon 2020 Dedicated SME instrument, Call ICT-37-2014, Open Disruptive Innovation Scheme. Further this project proposal broadly addresses ICT challenges within the “Societal Challenges” policy priority within the “Europe 2020 Strategy“.
The proposal addresses and proposes solutions more specifically related to the priority of ""Secure Societies – Digital Security: Cybersecurity, Privacy and Trust""."
Contribution de l'UE: EUR 50 000