US4GREENCHEMProject ID: 669055
Finanziato nell'ambito di:
Combined Ultrasonic and Enzyme treatment of Lignocellulosic Feedstock as Substrate for Sugar Based Biotechnological Applications
Dettagli del progetto
Costo totale:EUR 3 803 925
Contributo UE:EUR 3 457 602,50
Argomento (i):BBI.VC1.R1 - Efficient pre-treatment of lignocellulosic feedstock to advanced bio-based chemicals and biomaterials
Invito a presentare proposte:H2020-BBI-PPP-2014-1See other projects for this call
Meccanismo di finanziamento:BBI-RIA - Bio-based Industries Research and Innovation action
US4GREENCHEM aims to design a biorefinery concept for the complete valorization of lignocellulosic biomass that is energy- and cost- efficient and based solely on green technologies. The concept combines mechanical pretreatment of the substrate with the aid of ultrasound to overcome its recalcitrance and disrupt inhibitors with mild CO2 hemicellulose degradation and with the enzymatic recovery of sugars and technologies for the valorization of the byproducts released in the process.
Aim of the Project
- Develop ultrasound (US) pretreatment that effectively disrupts the lignocellulosic matrix.
- Further degrade lignocellulose with CO2 technologies to maximize release of sugars as main target
products of the process.
- Develop purification and conversion strategies for lignin-based products, in order to maximize the material valorization of the biomass components.
- Valorize the solid residues of the product for energy.
- Optimize the yield and reduce by 50% the cost of enzymatic hydrolysis of cellulose fibers.
- Test for fermentability of the sugar fraction
- Propose effective integration and upscaling to strategies pilot scale through the experienced industrial partners involved in the project.
- Perform a thorough analysis of the outcomes of the proposed combination of technologies to evaluate the potential economic and environmental impacts and compare the proposed concept to existing technologies on the market and being currently developed.
Contributo UE: EUR 618 242,50
AM LUNEDEICH 12
Contributo UE: EUR 315 557,50
Via Giuseppe Verdi 8
Contributo UE: EUR 423 532
IM HINTERACKER 7
Contributo UE: EUR 173 443
Contributo UE: EUR 551 407,50
Contributo UE: EUR 368 335
Contributo UE: EUR 327 835
Dzerbenes St. 27
Contributo UE: EUR 279 415
1382 GS WEESP
Contributo UE: EUR 399 835
PARQUE CIENTIFICO Y TECNOLOGICO DE BIZKAIA C GELDO EDIFICIO 700
48160 DERIO BIZKAIA
Contributo UE: EUR 0
ERNST HILKER STRASSE 10-14