ExaNeStProject ID: 671553
Finanziato nell'ambito di:
European Exascale System Interconnect and Storage
Dettagli del progetto
Costo totale:EUR 8 442 547,50
Contributo UE:EUR 8 442 547,50
Argomento (i):FETHPC-1-2014 - HPC Core Technologies, Programming Environments and Algorithms for Extreme Parallelism and Extreme Data Applications
Invito a presentare proposte:H2020-FETHPC-2014See other projects for this call
Meccanismo di finanziamento:RIA - Research and Innovation action
ExaNeSt will develop, evaluate, and prototype the physical platform and architectural solution for a unified Communication and Storage Interconnect and the physical rack and environmental structures required to deliver European Exascale Systems. The consortium brings technology, skills, and knowledge across the entire value chain from computing IP to packaging and system deployment; and from operating systems, storage, and communication to HPC with big data management, algorithms, applications, and frameworks. Building on a decade of advanced R&D, ExaNeSt will deliver the solution that can support exascale deployment in the follow-up industrial commercialization phases. Using direction from the ETP4HPC roadmap and soon-available high density and efficiency compute, we will model, simulate, and validate through prototype, a system with:
1. High throughput, low latency connectivity, suitable for exascale-level compute, their storage, and I/O, with congestion mitigation, QoS guarantees, and resilience.
2. Support for distributed storage located with the compute elements providing low latency that non-volatile memories require, while reducing energy, complexity, and costs.
3. Support for task-to-data sw locality models to ensure minimum data communication energy overheads and property maintenance in databases.
4. Hyper-density system integration scheme that will develop a modular, commercial, European-sourced advanced cooling system for exascale in ~200 racks while maintaining reliability and cost of ownership.
5. The platform management scheme for big-data I/O to this resilient, unified distributed storage compute architecture.
6. Demonstrate the applicability of the platform for the complete spectrum of Big Data applications, e.g. from HPC simulations to Business Intelligence support.
All aspects will be steered and validated with the first-hand experience of HPC applications and experts, through kernel turning and subsequent data management and application analysis.
Contributo UE: EUR 2 120 000
N PLASTIRA STR 100
Contributo UE: EUR 1 230 000
AMP TECHNOLOGY CENTRE BRUNEL WAY ADVANCED MANUFACTURING PARK BRUNEL WAY
S60 5WG ROTHERHAM
Contributo UE: EUR 400 000
WARWICK TECHNOLOGY PARK
CV34 6UW WARWICK
Contributo UE: EUR 480 000
VIA DELLA STAZIONE 27
Contributo UE: EUR 220 000
VIA MICHELANGELO BUONARROTI 31/1
Contributo UE: EUR 651 000
AUDREY HEPBURNSTRAAT 83
1325 NS ALMERE
Contributo UE: EUR 450 000
RUE LAKANAL 17
Contributo UE: EUR 600 000
Viale del Parco Mellini 84
Contributo UE: EUR 769 375
Via Enrico Fermi 40
Contributo UE: EUR 719 422,50
OXFORD ROAD UNIVERSITY OF MANCHESTER OFFICE OF DIRECTOR OF FINANCE
M13 9PL MANCHESTER
Contributo UE: EUR 426 500
CAMINO DE VERA SN EDIFICIO 3A
Contributo UE: EUR 376 250