SmartAct-2-3Project reference: 685082
Funded under :
H2020-EU.3.3. - SOCIETAL CHALLENGES - Secure, clean and efficient energy
Scaling of midsized, patented, low energy, light weight, highly efficient actuator to meet the demands of smaller and larger scale applications
Total cost:EUR 3 268 028,75
EU contribution:EUR 2 287 620,13
Coordinated in:United Kingdom
Call for proposal:H2020-SMEINST-2-2015See other projects for this call
Funding scheme:SME-2 - SME instrument phase 2
Buiding on our highly successful SME Instument Phase 1 Project, The Smart Actuator Company Ltd develops smart, RIFT Driven® actuators. Our first was delivered to market in Q3-2013.
The system is proven to use 25% less copper, be 80% lighter and 75% more energy efficient than our competitors. Early success means that the first two years production scheduling is already sold to 90% capacity and The Smart Actuator Company now own global rights for the use of RIFT Technology in electrically powered actuators.
Put simply, we believe our technology is a game changing product capable of delivering benefits worldwide by dramatically reducing;
• energy required to automate everyday tasks in many applications
• volume of raw materials, including copper and magnets, used to manufacture automated systems
• inventory and therefore administration complexity
• weight, thereby reducing fuel use in logistics and shipping
• Carbon Footprint in manufacturing and distribution
• need for sourcing manufacturing capability outside Europe.
EU contribution: EUR 2 287 620,13
FIRST FLOOR SHAW HOUSE 110-114 BARNARDS GREEN ROAD
WR14 3ND MALVERN