EVERLASTINGProject ID: 713771
Electric Vehicle Enhanced Range, Lifetime And Safety Through INGenious battery management
Total cost:EUR 8 201 423,75
EU contribution:EUR 8 201 423,75
Topic(s):GV-8-2015 - Electric vehicles’ enhanced performance and integration into the transport system and the grid
Call for proposal:H2020-GV-2015See other projects for this call
Funding scheme:RIA - Research and Innovation action
Batteries are not yet the ideal energy container they were promised to be. They are expensive, fragile and potentially dangerous. Moreover the current EV cannot compete yet with traditional vehicles when it comes to driving range and flexibility. EVERLASTING intends to bring Li-ion batteries closer to this ideal by focusing on the following technology areas.
• Predicting the behavior of battery systems in all circumstances and over their full lifetime. This enables accurate dimensioning and choice of the correct battery type, leading to lower cost. It also facilitates the development of a powerful battery management system during all stages of its evolution from idea to fully tested product.
• Sensing signals beyond the standard parameters of current, voltage and temperature. This multi-sensing approach provides more varied and in-depth data on the status of the battery facilitating a pro-active and effective management of the batteries, preventing issues rather than mitigating them.
• Monitoring the status of the battery by interpreting the rich sensor data. By intelligently combining this information with road, vehicle and driver data we intend to offer accurate higher-level driver feedback. This induces a bigger trust and hence a lower range anxiety.
• Managing the battery in a proactive way, based on a correct assessment of its status. Efficient thermal management and load management results in increased reliability and safety and leads to lower overall cost through an increased lifetime.
• Defining a standard BMS architecture and interfaces and gathering the necessary support in the market. This allows an industry of standard BMS components to flourish which will result in lower cost.
EU contribution: EUR 1 274 996,25
EU contribution: EUR 1 122 230
Rue des martyrs 17
38054 Grenoble Cedex 09
EU contribution: EUR 294 062,50
AVENUE MORANE SAULNIER 13 ESPACE VELIZY IMMEUBLE LE CHAVEZ
EU contribution: EUR 769 312,50
EU contribution: EUR 686 170
85748 GARCHING BEI MUNCHEN
EU contribution: EUR 768 647,50
52A HANASSI HARISHON STREET SUITE 40
EU contribution: EUR 761 590
EU contribution: EUR 775 950
85748 GARCHING B. MUNCHEN
EU contribution: EUR 706 111,25
GROENE LOPER 5
5612 AE EINDHOVEN
EU contribution: EUR 504 053,75
831 04 BRATISLAVA
EU contribution: EUR 0
DE VEST 7
5555 XP VALKENSWAARD
See on map
EU contribution: EUR 538 300
AUTOMOTIVE CAMPUS 50
5708 JZ HELMOND