DYNAFREIGHTProject ID: 730811
Innovative technical solutions for improved train DYNAmics and operation of longer FREIGHt Trains
Total cost:EUR 999 822,50
EU contribution:EUR 999 822,50
Call for proposal:H2020-S2RJU-OC-2015-01-2See other projects for this call
Funding scheme:Shift2Rail-RIA - Research and Innovation action
DYNAFREIGHT stands for Innovative technical solutions for improved train DYNAmics and operation of longer FREIGHt Trains. The project will provide inputs for the development of the next railway freight propulsion concepts within S2R. Two main areas will be addressed:
1. Freight running gear for locomotives: DYNAFREIGHT will design and develop the necessary concepts that will allow a locomotive freight bogie to reduce wheel and track wear, to have lower noise and lower LCC, by focusing on:
• Materials with freight vehicle applicability that allow a lighter bogie frame.
• Noise optimized wheelsets and absorbing structures to reduce running gear related noise.
• Passive and mechatronic systems for radial steering, improving running performances compared to conventional bogies. Reduction of wheel wear and damage, improved traction in curves and reduced resistance to motion in sharp curves will be achieved.
• Monitoring of the most maintenance cost-intensive bogie elements, reducing LCC and improving the reliability and availability of the locomotive.
2. Operation of long freight trains: following the outcomes of MARATHON, DYNAFREIGHT will prepare the path for regular operations of long freight trains:
• Defining functional, technical and homologation requirements for a radio remote controlled system.
• Proposing safety precautions in train configuration and brake application by simulating the longitudinal forces and the derailment risk of long freight trains.
• Identifying infrastructure adaptions for the operation of long freight trains.
By the end of the project, the main achievements will be:
• Improved performances: traction, speed, running dynamics and wheel/rail efforts
• Reduced rail freight noise at the source
• Enhance capacity/traffic throughput with the operation of longer trains
• Reduced of operation and maintenance costs (reduce wheel and rail wear, smarter maintenance, etc.)
EU contribution: EUR 87 625
Avenue Louise 221 - bte11
EU contribution: EUR 181 093,75
CALLE MITXERA 6
EU contribution: EUR 62 750
Via Oberdan 6/a
EU contribution: EUR 111 125
STRASSE DES 17 JUNI 135
EU contribution: EUR 111 037,50
PIAZZA LEONARDO DA VINCI 32
EU contribution: EUR 130 066,25
EU contribution: EUR 128 375
100 44 STOCKHOLM
EU contribution: EUR 36 125
CALLE HIEDRA EST CHAMARTIN EDIFICIO 23 SN
EU contribution: EUR 53 000
VIA ACCIARESI PRIMO 8
EU contribution: EUR 98 625
EUROPAPARK FICHTENHAIN A 13A