ETRA.CCProject reference: 15791
Funded under :
Empowering Transport Research with the Special Focus on the New Accession States and the Candidate Countries
Total cost:EUR 219 555
EU contribution:EUR 199 920
Topic(s):SUSTDEV-2002-184.108.40.206.6 - Design and manufacture of new construction concepts for road, rail and inter-modal infrastructures
SUSTDEV-2002-220.127.116.11.1 - Integration and standardisation of enhanced product development tools
Call for proposal:CALL-NOT-ACTIVESee other projects for this call
Funding scheme:SSA - Specific Support Action
ETRA.CC stands for Empowering Transport Research with the special focus on the new EU-member states, the new Accession states and the Candidate Countries and on the policy driven research issues and it will work on the implementation of the commission White paper on transport in the scientific community especially transport research facilities.
One of the most needed tasks in those countries is to actively support transition processes in transport research changing from a planning steered by the state to a market driven approach. ETRA.CC will define the operational knowledge to actively support this process and motivate the stakeholders through intense dissemination and networking.
The main project objectives can be summarised as follows:
1. To promote dissemination of past and present programs results over the standard exploitation activities of individual projects;
2. To contribute to strategic objectives 1 and 2 of the call for research, technological development and integration in the frame of several research domains;
3. To promote participation of new accession states and the candidate countries;
4. To stimulate international cooperation;
5. To prepare outputs for future community RTD activities and in the sense of the European Research Area.
ETRA.CC will be based on existing networks of the partners ? INTRANSNET, the network of medium and large transport research facilities in Europe and the Portal thematic network. ETRA.CC will also use materials from other projects centred on the transport research collected in TRKL (Transport Research Knowledge Centre). The action plan delivered by project shall define steps to achieve a network-oriented innovation system developing and diversifying R&D collaboration. Workshops and events will exploit TRKC, Portal and INTRANSNET contacts to actively promoting the content.