DAIDALOS IIProject reference: 026943
Funded under: FP6-IST
Designing advanced network interfaces for the delivery and administration of location independent, optimised personal services - II [Print to PDF] [Print to RTF]
Total cost:EUR 21 415 221
EU contribution:EUR 13 800 000
Funding scheme:IP - Integrated Project
Daidalos will design, develop and validate a blueprint B3G Framework. It supports secure, personalized and pervasive services built on heterogeneous network and service infrastructures for the mobile user and will contribute to standards and industry fora. The project addresses the fact that mobility has become a central aspect of our lives in business, education, and leisure.
Rapid technological and societal changes with a proliferation of technologies and services for mobile users have resulted in complex and confusing communications environments for users and network operators. By rethinking fundamental technology and business issues, Daidalos aims to achieve usable and manageable communication infrastructures for the future. The goal is a seamless, pervasive access to content and services via heterogeneous networks, keeping user preferences and context in mind. To achieve a broad coverage of user and business needs, the project will use a user-centred, scenario-based and operator-driven approach.
Daidalos will be guided by five key concepts:
- MARQS (Mobility Management, AAA [Authentication, Authorisation and Accounting], Resource Management, QoS and Security), supporting functional integration for end-to-end services across heterogeneous technologies.
- VID (Virtual Identity), which separates the user from a device, therby enables flexibility as well as privacy and personalization.
- USP (Ubiquitous and Seamless Pervasiveness), enabling pervasiveness across personal and embedded devices, and allowing adaptation to changing contexts, movement and user requests.
- SIB (Seamless Integration of Broadcast), which integrates broadcast at both the technology level, such as DVB-S/T-H, and at the services level, such TV, carouseles and datacast.
- Federation, which will allows network operators and service providers to offer and receive services, allowing players to enter and leave the field in a dynamic business environment.
RIJSWIJK ZH, Netherlands
FISCIANO (SALERNO), Italy
SANKT AUGUSTIN, Germany
LANCASTER (LANCASHIRE), United Kingdom
EDINBURGH, United Kingdom
DUBLIN 24, Ireland
GIF SUR YVETTE, France
LONDON, United Kingdom
GETAFE (MADRID), Spain