SMARTFUEL ADSPProject ID: 30798
Automated digital fuel system design and simulation process
SmartFuel Automated Design and Simulation Process (ADSP) develops a tool-supported automated design and verification process for digital fuel systems. Automating the design process will minimise the cost and time needed while providing a high quality result. Today the design of a digital airborne fuel system is a laborious, iterative process to be repeated each time a new aircraft variant or engine model is employed. It is expected that costly test benches may be made redundant by the new design approach. This will provide a significant competitive advantage to the user of the system. In order to test the designed system a simulation system will be defined and developed for the verification of compliance of designed system functionality against the basic system requirements. Simulation of flight operation procedures will be done allowing testing and analysing the functionality of the newly developed system before any hardware is built.
SmartFuel ADSP relies and utilises results of the EU funded project SmartFuel (FP5, started Oct. 2002). It is anticipated that the automated designed system will produce the following benefits:
- 60% reduction in the time for developing of a fuel system
- 70% reduction in the cost for developing of a fuel system
- 50% reduction in the time to market for future complete fuel systems
- 25% in improvement in the reliability of those systems developed using ADSP
- 50% reduction of the cost of new system due to a better use of COTS components
- 40% in the reduction of maintenance cost due to advanced quality of the design
The SmartFuel ADSP is coordinated by Autoflug, which is a small and medium sized enterprise. Autoflug and most of the other partners in SmartFuel ADSP are members of the (virtual) fuel system consortium. Availability of the Digital Fuel System automated Design & Simulation tools will provide them with a significant competitive advantage.
ALCALÁ DE HENARES