NICE-TRIPProject reference: 30944
Funded under :
Novel Innovative Competitive Effective Tilt Rotor Integrated Project
This proposal has been prepared in the framework of a research and development roadmap defined by the European
rotorcraft community that aims to develop a civil tilt-rotor aircraft. A key target of the road map is a flying demonstrator in
the 2010 decade. NICE-TRIP specifically addresses the acquisition of new knowledge and technology validation
concerning tilt-rotor. The main project objectives are;
- To validate the European civil tilt-rotor concept based on the ERICA architecture;
- To validate critical technologies and systems through the development, integration and testing of components of a
tilt-rotor aircraft on full-scale dedicated rigs;
- To acquire new knowledge on tilt-rotor through the development and testing of several wind tunnel models, including a
large-scale full-span powered model;.
- To investigate and evaluate the introduction of tilt-rotors in the European Air Traffic Management System;
- To assess the sustainability of the tilt-rotor product with respect to social and environmental issues and to define the
path towards a future tilt-rotor flying demonstrator.
Project NICE-TRIP is fully relevant to the strategic objective 184.108.40.206: ?Integration of technologies towards the future
tilt-rotor aircraft?, of the work programme of call 3 of the Thematic Priority Aeronautics and Space.
The organisation and resources proposed to achieve the project objectives include a 54-month work plan made of 7 work
packages and a consortium of 31 participants, fully representing the span of needed capabilities.
B -1000 Bruxelles
Tel.: +33 442 856274
Fax: +33 442 858605
Miranda de Ebro
Pisa (Loc. S. Piero a Grado)
Tel.: +39 050 963621
BP 72 Chatillon