ERA-MEDProject ID: 43588
Strengthening the European Research Area in Mediterranean Countries
Total cost:EUR 377 255
EU contribution:EUR 350 000
Call for proposal:FP6-2002-INCO-COMULTILATRTD/SSA-5See other projects for this call
Funding scheme:SSA - Specific Support Action
It is envisaged that the proposed project will capitalise the investment of EU on the recently establish InPs and achieve the following aims
- To realise a mapping exercise of the R Amp D national Programmes in order EC to have a view of national priorities and their possible matching with the participation in FPs. The mapping will to result in a model/prototype database containing the profiles of the key players/organisations involved in the national priorities.
- To produce an assessment report on social, cultural and scientific support across the Med. Countries. The InPs will ensure the verification of the data.
- To achieve the integration and coherence of InPs into the European networks dedicate to FP7 and to ERA
- To establish and implement a promotion/dissemination mechanism in order to keep the Scientists, Researchers and stakeholders of the EU and MPC aware of the possibilities of identifying their counterparts for collaboration in the Research Projects and activities of FP7
- To inform and create awareness among EU Scientific communities of the potential added value to be gained by collaborating with their counter parts in Med. Countries.
- To prepare the Scientific and Researchers communities in Med. Countries through Thematic workshops which will be well-focused on specific Thematic areas of FP7 according to their needs and priorities. Short updating training seminars to InPs will also be provided.