E-LightProject reference: 266284
Funded under :
Advanced Structural Light-Weight Architectures for Electric Vehicles
Total cost:EUR 2 938 649
EU contribution:EUR 2 099 874
Call for proposal:FP7-SST-2010-RTD-1See other projects for this call
Funding scheme:CP-FP - Small or medium-scale focused research project
The automotive industry has not yet decided which the optimum architecture solution for electric vehicles is; this and the fact that requirements and constraints deriving from an electrical powertrain are much less stringent in several areas make necessary to study new solutions specifically designed for the particularities of electric vehicles. Therefore E-LIGHT proposal aims at exploring all the aspects and requirements for optimal electric vehicle architectures.
These particularities will be studied in E-Light project, focussing on:
• Modularity of components
• Ergonomic designs
• Innovative safety concepts
• Better aerodynamic performance and lesser weight which will decrease the overall power consumption and consequently will increase the range.
The main objective of E-Light project is to develop an innovative multi-material modular architecture specifically designed for electric vehicles, achieving optimal light weight and crashworthy performances while ensuring ergonomic on board.
In order to achieve this objective, the following scientific and technical objectives have been defined
• Identification of architectural requirements for future EV, focussing on lightweight for different battery and electric motor configurations (front or rear stand alone, wheel in hub).
• Identification of optimal multi-materials solution to become part of the EV architectures.
• The optimal geometries and designs for the EV architectures, taking into account previously studied architectural requirements and materials.
• Definition of design methodology and testing procedures in order to develop general design guidelines and testing procedures towards more sustainable, lightweight, modular concepts of the design process.
EU contribution: EUR 519 249
PLAZA VICENTE ALEIXANDRE CAMPOS 2 PQ TECNOLOGICO DE BOECILLO 209
EU contribution: EUR 383 660
FIRTH COURT WESTERN BANK
S10 2TN SHEFFIELD
Tel.: +44 1142224754
Fax: +44 1142227678
EU contribution: EUR 381 500
PARQUE CIENTIFICO Y TECNOLOGICO DE BIZKAIA C GELDO EDIFICIO 700
48160 DERIO BIZKAIA
Tel.: +34 946 430 850
Fax: +34 946 460 900
EU contribution: EUR 191 400
Tel.: +49 351 21496 10
Fax: +49 351 21496 25
EU contribution: EUR 278 600
Shoreham Technical Centre
BN43 5FG SHOREHAM-BY-SEA
EU contribution: EUR 173 400
VIA BRUNO BUOZZI 6
EU contribution: EUR 172 065
RUE ARMAND JAPY 15