Gender impact studies - specific reports:
The General Conditions of FP6 standard contract oblige each contactor to promote equal opportunities between men and women in the implementation of the project. Contractors must show how they have taken into account any gender issues associated with the subject of the proposal. They should outline the equality measures being taken, throughout the project, indicating which national and international regulations are applicable and explaining how they will be respected.
Furthermore contractors under Networks of Excellence and Integrated Projects are required to prepare an action plan for the promotion of gender equality within their project and later on report on it.
The Gender Action Plan should be build around the two following steps:
- A diagnosis on the current situation regarding gender (women participation and gender aspects in research) within one proposal.
- Practical proposed actions (no general statements) based on the above diagnosis, giving therefore real chances of success.
The starting point does not matter but rather the progress intended to be made.
The GAP should provide detailed information on actions to be undertaken - and monitored - to encourage women to apply for recruitment and to ensure that equal opportunities will be promoted in recruitment at all levels, in order to allow women to participate in all project's activities, and encourage women to participate in the management and scientific committees.
For the mobility actions, the contractor has the following obligations:
- In Marie Curie Hosts Fellowships, the host organisation shall endeavour to reach the objective of at least 40% women for the incoming fellows.
- In Marie Curie Grants for Excellence Teams, the team leader has to ensure an appropriate gender balance and has to select at least 40% women.
- For Marie Curie Conferences and Training Courses, the objective is to involve 40% women in the event.
Within the FP6, Science and Society part of the 'Structuring the ERA' a specific budget for funding women and science projects was also made available.
Gender in Research - FP5 Series
Gender in Research - FP6 Series
- Gender Mainstreaming in the 6th Framework Programme - a reference
Guide for Scientific / Project Officers