|:: About Events||:: Send an Event||:: News Service|
'World forum on fuel, food and the environment: the bioenergy challenge', Milan, Italy
An event entitled 'World forum on fuel, food and the environment: the bioenergy challenge' will take place on 18 June 2012 in Milan, Italy.
A shift towards a post-petroleum society has provided the opportunity for a switch to a more resource efficient one that relies more strongly on renewable biological resources to satisfy consumers' needs, industry demand and tackle climate change. Bioenergy is renewable energy source is currently being looked into as a possible solution. The use of bioenergy could significantly reduce greenhouse gas emissions and may be one of the answers that Europeans are seeking.
The aim of this forum will be to bring together all stakeholders to discuss the latest advances and research and serve as point of exchanging ideas and experiences. Session topics will include:
- steps towards worldwide governance of biofuels;
- development of international common approaches to sustainability and climate change mitigation;
- factors effecting the impact of biofuel production on food, environment and green house gas emissions;
- regulatory approaches to reduce indirect land use changes effects on the environment, and food production;
- interaction between the scientific community, interest groups and the policy-makers.
Contact person:For further information, please visit:
Data Source Provider:ETA-Florence Renewable Energies
Document Reference:Based on an event announcement
Subject index:Renewable Sources of Energy,Sustainable development ,Biofuels
Programme Acronym: MS-I C
Record control number:34726