|:: About Projects|
Optimization of organic thin-film transistors for plastic electronics: towards transparent components in new devices
Project Acronym:ORGANIC ELECTRONICS
|Organization name:UNIVERSIDAD DE MALAGA|
CALLE EL EJIDO
Region:SUR ANDALUCIA Málaga
Objective: Transparent electronics is an emerging new technology which utilizes invisible electronic and optoelectronics circuits. To obtain these circuits, the transistor building blocks materials: semiconductor, gate dielectric and conductor must be optically transparent, raising a true grand challenge. The great problem is that conventional organic semiconductors strongly absorb in the visible and few exhibit acceptable TFT performance when processed from solution. This makes clear that there are great opportunities to develop high-performance materials for the fabrication of optically transparent, mechanically flexible optoelectronics.
The main goals of this project are:
- Develop high-performance, solution-processable, optically transparent organic semiconductor and dielectric materials.
- Establish/implement solution deposition/printing processes to achieve multi-layers materials deposition with high resolution.
- Enable fully transparent, flexible, solution-processed organic TFTs and circuits.
- Enable transparent displays.
- Analyze the key parameters determining the TFT response.
To achieve these tasks, we will carry out these technical goals:
- Synthesize and/or optimise new high band-gap molecular and polymeric semiconductors based on rylene, oligothiophene and dicyanomethylene-containing cores.
- Functionalize high-purity single-wall carbon nanotubes (SWCNTs) with semi-conducting surfactants.
- Optimize formulations for solution deposition, focusing on spin-coating and ink-jet printing.
- Optimization of layer-by-layer self-assembled nanodielectrics (SANDs) to enhance transparency.
- Print cross-linked polymeric dielectric materials on optically transparent substrates.
- Evaluate materials performance in various TFT structures on glass substrates.
- Characterize spectroscopically and quantum-chemically semiconductors and gate dielectrics.
Project cost:237283 EURO
Project Funding:237283 EURO
Programme Acronym: FP7-PEOPLE
Programme type:Seventh Framework Programme
Subprogramme Area:Marie Curie Action: "International Outgoing Fellowships for Career Development"
Contract type:International Outgoing Fellowships (IOF)
Subject index:Coordination, Cooperation, Education, Training
Other Indexes:Transparent OTFT,spin coating,ink-jet printing,transparent organic semiconductors and gate dielectrics
Results for this Project
|Periodic Report Summary - ORGANIC ELECTRONICS (Optimization of organic thin-film transistors for plastic electronics: towards transparent components in new devices)||14/03/2012|
Record control number:92445