Telematics Applications for Transport Library
| Title :
|| ADEPT II - TR 1002 - Interim Report on the ADEPT II Demonstrations |
| Author :
|| E. Schelin; I. Gustafsson |
| Ref. No :
|| TR1002 D9.1 |
| Date :
|| 01/10/97 |
| Size :
|| 87 pages |
Exec Summary :
| The ADEPT II project is part funded under the EU?s DG-XIII Transport Telematics 4th Framework Research Programme with additional funding coming from national sources. |
This report focuses on the achievements in the ADEPT II project so far, both by giving a wide overview of the test sites of and over the results achieved in the project. In summary the objectives of the project are:
- To promote the use of transport Telematics "tools", such a smart cards, transponders, information systems and management systems as a means of influencing the demand and improving the supply of a particular transport service (or chain of transport services)
- To validate and evaluate the effects, use benefits and performance of the systems demonstrated.
- To address and make recommendations on the market potential, barriers to market, exploitation and migration path and other strategic aspects.
- To provide results usable to the sites participating in the ADEPT II project for the specification and implementation of their next generation systems.
Results to Date
ADEPT II have achieved all the goals that were set for in the first year of the project. These include:
- Evaluation methodology and clear plan for all validation activities in each site
- Systems architecture for the future integration of such systems
- Establishment of a international user forum and targeted user groups in each site
- Dissemination through Internet, conferences, journals, articles and user forum
- Common specification for some application data elements
- Launch dates for each site finalised and press-launch prepared
- Active participation in EU programme and concertation activities
- Support of harmonisation and standardisation activities
- 6 deliverables submitted (on time)
- Exploitation plan and market analysis well under way (questionnaire distributed to over 300 transport and industry professionals who have attended various smart card and transport Telematics conferences in London between January and April 1997).
The three main sites in the project each deploy a combination of smart-cards with transponders and also smart cards as a payment and access mechanism alone. These sites are Gothenburg, Thessaloniki and 6 Sites in Finland. In addition to the main ADEPT II sites the project also has a number of follower sites, which participation in the project is limited to specification and evaluation activities.
This deliverable consists of 1 volume : adept2 d9.1.pdf