The objective of the application experiment is to test and evaluate advanced object oriented technology in order to change from the given situation of experienced Fortran programmers working in various small project groups to a situation where
* an object oriented language is used instead
* prototyping-oriented and object-oriented life cycle models are executed
* effective software quality assurance procedures are installed
* project management methods are used
* documentation standards are implemented
The baseline software development activity deals with forecasting and optimisation of energy generation and consumption in an integrated steel plant.