The objective of the 4 year CA ULYSSES is to construct a platform for exchanging of information and strategic planning of EC funded research projects dealing with new propulsion technologies/concepts based on IC engines running on ameliorated fuel quality including alternative and renewable fuels for on-road vehicles; extension to rail and waterborne propulsion will be also considered.
The CA will:
- identify projects linkages,
- favour project integration, thus improving synergy and facilitating technology transfer,
- accelerate dissemination and analysis of projects outcomes; thus giving a substantial contribution to EC projects in achieving the strategic targets of:
1. compliance with future EU pollutant emission limits;
2. CO2 emission reduction;
3. security of energy supply based on new fuels.
The CA activity is characterized by 4 workpackages:
1. analysis of propulsion systems versus future fuel scenarios;
2. assessment of the international state-of-the-art, identification of gaps and needs in the RTD activities, definition and updating of the joint RTD strategy and plans;
3. coordinated cross-fertilization and dissemination of projects outcomes;
4. provision of the basic infrastructures needed to operate the CA.
Two aspects take into account the mutated conditions of FP6 and FP7 with respect to FP4 and FP5:
- the content: the aim is the full implementation of the potential of the IC engine technologies developed in the former projects by considering the three elements 'fuel, power train (engine and gear box) and after treatment' as ONE System able to combine low emissions and high efficiency with the future fuels characteristics;
- the partnership: Fiat, DaimlerChrysler, Volkswagen, an SME (META-Ricerche), AVL, FEV and IFP.
Call for proposal
See other projects for this call
Funding SchemeCA - Coordination action