SOLAR-ERA.NET Cofund will bring together 15 national organisations owning and / or managing major solar power research and innovation programmes throughout Europe, covering photovoltaics (PV) and concentrating solar power (CSP).
According to the challenges addressed in the work programme on Low Carbon Energy, SOLAR-ERA.NET Cofund has different objectives:
• To implement a joint call on subjects of highest priority and European added value in line with the Solar Europe Industry Initiative within the Strategic Energy Technology (SET) Plan
• To pool resources and to provide critical mass for transnationally highly relevant and innovative projects
• To mobilise 20 MEUR of public funding (national and EC funding), and, together with the resources provided by the private industry sector, a total of 40 MEUR.
• To enhance coordination, coherence and networking between national programmes
SOLAR-ERA.NET Cofund will contribute to substantial cost reductions of solar power technologies, economic development of the European solar power sector and to reinforce Europe’s strong position in solar power technologies. Reducing technology cost and advancing manufacturing technologies, applications and grid / system integration are essential to increasing the deployment of solar power technologies. This way, SOLAR-ERA.NET Cofund will greatly contribute to:
• Acceleration of the time to market by advancing technologies
• Affordable, cost-effective and resource-efficient technology solutions
• Decarbonisation of the energy system
• Sustainable, secure energy supply and completion of the energy internal market
• Strengthening the European industrial technology base (growth and jobs in Europe
SOLAR-ERA.NET Cofund follows on from SOLAR-ERA.NET project and network and previous PV-ERA-NET network, taking advantage of more than ten years of ERA-NET experience and expertise from all major key stakeholders in the solar research, innovation and industry sector.
Field of science
- /social sciences/economics and business/business and management/commerce
- /engineering and technology/environmental engineering/energy and fuels/renewable energy
- /social sciences/other social sciences/social sciences interdisciplinary/sustainable development
Call for proposal
See other projects for this call
Funding SchemeERA-NET-Cofund - ERA-NET Cofund
2595 AC The Hague
SN2 1FL Swindon