Scope of the present proposal is the technical and economic feasibility evaluation of the industrial production and distribution into the EU market of a Modular Powered Reel Drive (PRD) for maritime operations of cable laying and retrieval. The proposed solution, compared to existing products, enables to operate with a significantly wider range of reels, both in terms of reel’s diameter and weight. The result is an innovation that increases safety, flexibility, efficiency and efficacy of maritime cable laying operations.
The innovation applies to the maritime cable laying sector, since technology and the market expressed the need for underwater physical interconnections for energy and power networks in sea environments. This requirement is considered to be one of the greatest challenges for a reliable and effective use of world resources.
The solution has several advantages compared to currently available PRD because the MODULAR INNODRIVE provides:
• Increased efficiency-flexibility
• Time and costs reduction
• Safer operations
INNOVO Ltd. intends to implement a feasibility study in Phase 1 aimed to achieve the following goals:
• Develop the MODULAR INNODRIVE through additional technical adjustments of INNOVO’s 600 mT PRD (the highest product capacity available into the market) to fulfil the modular requirements. This will further position the company at the forefront of maritime cable laying technology. Intellectual Property Rights (IPR) and business strategies for production are additional issues that need to be tackled. INNOVO has the opportunity to develop the proposed solution with its well established industrial partner, CONCRANE S.r.l., an offshore crane manufacturer since more than 60 years, whose headquarters and manufacturing facilities are located in Trieste, Italy.
• Develop a marketing and sales strategy in Europe with the following goals:
o Market analysis
o Business development
o Risk assessment analysis
o Identification of customers' best solutions
Field of science
- /social sciences/economics and business/business and management/commerce
- /social sciences/economics and business
Call for proposal
See other projects for this call