The APT project addresses key areas of the materials and manufacturing technology of pellicles to ensure that a commercially advanced and competitive source is available to the European Community.
APT builds on the work of ESPRIT project 5014 and the JESSI T8 project.
The work concentrates on the following key areas:
- production of improved polymers
- reduction of particle contamination in the final pellicle membrane
- introduction of automated equipment in the pellicle production process
- improved membrane transmission for deep UV and excimer laser wavelengths
- improvement in adhesive characteristics in order to provide effective hermetic sealing between the pellicle and the reticle substrate
- improvements in packaging to protect the pellicle from damage and contamination.
Pellicles developed in this project will find applications in the new generation of wafer-steppers and phase-shifted masks.
DE55 4DA Alfreton