The main objective of VISTA is to design and build a self-consistent, intrinsically robust, integrated smart sensor microsystem for time-to-crash and motion computation, with real-time performances. The VISTA sensor microsystem will be based on a passive sensing technology (sparse optical flow computation and 1D correlation) and on specialised analog and digital VLSI circuits.
Specific objectives of the project are to:
- develop a machine vision algorithm for time-to-crash computation, well suited for VLSI implementations;
- design and build an analog imaging chip for image acquisition and early vision tasks computation;
- design and build a digital correlator chip, to be integrated on the same substrate with the imaging chip;
- to build a small, ruggedised, special-purpose microcamera embedding the VISTA microsensor.
The following two demonstrators will be used to test and validate the results:
- a collision avoidance system for industrial robots;
- an obstacle detection and avoidance system for an autonomous mobile platform.
Topic(s)Data not available
Call for proposalData not available
Funding SchemeData not available
34730 Prades Le Lez
34077 Ronchi Dei Legionari