This project seeks :
a) to better understand the value of triploid Atlantic salmon in reducing the interaction between wild and farmed stocks;
b) to improve our knowledge of the biology of the triploid condition;
c) to further characterise the performance of triploids in culture.
The project will include the following tasks:
1) Measurement of the comparative performance of diploid and triploid stocks.
2) Measurement of the environmental impact of triploids.
3) Evaluation of the product quality of triploid versus diploid Atlantic salmon.
4) Assessment of the potential for somatic growth of diploids and triploids.
5) Measurement of the comparative circulatory and exercise physiology of diploid and triploid Atlantic salmon.
6) Assessment of the comparative disease physiology of diploid and triploid Atlantic salmon.
Funding SchemeCSC - Cost-sharing contracts
90 R8008 Galway
KY16 8LB St Andrews