The ARROWS project aims to reach its key objectives of:
1) Developing a unified range of applicable road workzone safety measures and principles that should govern the planning, design, implementation and operation of road workzones so as to mitigate their adverse safety effects on workers and road users, and
2) producing a practical handbook aiming in the practical guidance to network managers at all levels.
ARROWS will achieve this through a series of four complementary work packages designed to:
- Analyse road workzone typologies, present the whole range of applicable workzone safety measures (current and innovative), and review existing national and international "standards and practices" on the topic.
- Explore the effectiveness of road workzone safety measures in terms of their capability in achieving desired driver behaviour, towards a safer driving and working environment.
- Review the experimental methods for the evaluation of safety measures.
- Develop improved sets of road workzone safety measures.
- Recommend a European framework for road workzone safety standards.
- Produce a practical handbook for road workzone safety aiming to provide practical guidance to network managers at all levels.
Main expected deliverables and status (C, R or P)*
D1: Review of safety measures, standards and practices (P)
D2: Review of behavioural and accident studies and experimental evaluation methods (P)
D3: Inventory of improved sets of safety measures (P)
D4: Practical Handbook (P)
*C = Confidential R = Restricted P = Public
Deadlines for deliverables
D1: End of month 8
D2: End of month 12
D3: End of month 17
D4: End of month 24
End of month: 6, 12, 18 and 24
Funding SchemeCSC - Cost-sharing contracts
151 25 Maroussi
51427 Bergisch Gladbach
6710 BA Ede
2260 BB Leidschendam
581 95 Link"ping