To provide a comprehensive and effective tool for telematics applications developers.
- To provide an up to date information on current and future technologies, standards and methodologies for application engineering.
- To provide information that allows the telematics applications developers to evaluate, integrate and assemble proven and promising generic information and communication technologies.
- To produce feasible, efficient and conformant guidelines and recommendations.
- Provide comprehensive information regarding Applications Engineering to 4th Framework Programme projects.
- Offer on-line access to information, thus enhancing efficiency and reducing search time.
- Enhance decision making and technology selection in Telematics Application Engineering.
T-Book aims to assist managerial and technical staff involved in Telematics Application Engineering, to plan, develop and integrate their applications.
T-Book also may form a good reference on information and communication technologies for managers in European Commission directorates and other bodies.
Finally, T-Book can be a tool for everyone that is involved in telematics or information and communication technologies in general.
Key Results and Deliverables
- State-of-the-art survey of the application engineering discipline in the telematics field (technology oriented).
- Survey of telematics applications, requirements, actors and roles (applications oriented).
- Identification of major trends and strategies in the application engineering field.
- A comprehensive Tool-Book with recommendations and guidelines for telematics application engineering, with a set of metrics to analyse and compare the gathered information.
- Global access and dissemination of information through World-Wide-Web technology.
Funding SchemeCSC - Cost-sharing contracts