Networked Media and Search Systems
Exploring the Future of Connected TV: HBB-NEXT presents novel applications and innovative research
You say “hello” and your TV set knows it’s you; it recommends those programmes which you are interested in. Your wife and children join you – the TV is aware of this change of audience and quickly adapts the recommendations to suit your whole family.
This is just one feature which has been developed by HBB-NEXT, a European FP7-funded project that takes services and technologies for Internet-connected TVs to a new level. Based on - and augmenting - the European HbbTV standard it has implemented such innovative solutions as
• multi-user identification,
• synchronisation between media streams and devices,
• multi-user recommendations,
• voice and gesture recognition
• user-tailored reputation scores for applications and cloud offloading.
Its new features include: being recognised by the TV for personal or group recommendations, enjoying ULTRA HD extra content on your tablet perfectly synchronised with the football match on TV, voting via the TV screen for your favourite TV show candidate, personalising the appearance of subtitles or sign language interpreter video and more.
Field of science
- /natural sciences/computer and information sciences/computer security/data protection
- /natural sciences/computer and information sciences/internet
Call for proposal
See other projects for this call
Funding SchemeCP - Collaborative project (generic)
825 13 Bratislava